Academic Catalog

Applying as a Post-Baccalaureate Student

If you have been awarded a baccalaureate degree from a degree-granting institution accredited by a nationally recognized accreditor1, and you wish to complete a second undergraduate degree at Seattle Pacific University, you may apply through the transfer admissions process in Undergraduate Admissions.

If you have earned credit from an institution outside the U.S., see how credit from an international institution transfers.

Required materials for admission consideration include the following:

  • Complete and submit the Common Application Transfer Application, the SPU Transfer Application, or the SPU Nursing Application.
  • A $50 non-refundable application fee.
  • An official transcript from each institution where you completed courses that contributed to your bachelor’s degree.
  • An official copy of the final transcript from the institution that granted your baccalaureate degree (showing the granted degree).
  • Any additional transcripts showing post-baccalaureate work.

Review standards governing completion of a second bachelor’s degree.

Please note that post-baccalaureate students are not eligible for merit-based financial aid.


To be “nationally recognized” means that the institution’s accreditor has been reviewed and accepted as a national accreditor by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation or the U.S. Department of Education.

Professional Licensure Disclosure

If you plan to pursue a degree or certificate program that leads to professional certification or licensure, be aware that each state has different professional licensure and certification requirements. Eligibility for certification/licensure may involve more than degree completion, such as professional examinations, background checks, and fingerprinting. The requirements for certification/licensure can change without notice.

The state professional licensing boards make the ultimate decision as to whether or not an individual will be eligible for certification/licensure based on the rules and regulations in place at the time the individual submits their application for certification/licensure. Find information here about certification/licensure in the state where you intend to work.