Academic Catalog

Refunds and Account Adjustments

Registration changes, performed within the time period that online registration is open, may be done through Banner.

If you decide to add or drop courses outside of the normal registration deadlines, you must notify the Office of the Registrar in writing by completing a Registration Petition, found on the Office of the Registrar website. To reference a current listing of registration deadlines, see the Academic Calendar. Registration Petitions need to be accompanied by a student statement and support/permission from your department or a faculty member. 

If you plan to withdraw from University housing (i.e., cancel the room and meal plan contract), you must give proper notification to University Services. If you completely withdraw from the University, you must inform Safety and Security to be eligible for a refund of your parking fees.

If you do not provide proper notification to the University, financial obligations will remain binding, regardless of whether classes were attended or whether or not any of the contracted services were utilized.

Refunds or additional charges for courses are posted to your student account when the official Registration Petition is received and processed or the transaction is completed using Banner. Charges for added courses are made at the full quarter’s rate, regardless of when the course is added.

If a student has a credit balance on their account (for example, due to an over payment), then the student or the student’s authorized parent or legal representative may request a refund. In most cases, all eligible refunds will be remitted to the student.

If there is an owing balance on the account or a past-due balance on a campus-based loan program, including the SPU Institutional, Federal Perkins, and/or Federal Nursing Student Loan programs, in most cases, the refund will first be applied against the owing balance.

In the event that enrollment changes result in a refund, tuition will be refunded according to the schedule that follows. 

Any questions regarding tuition refunds should be directed to Student Financial Services.