Academic Catalog

Dual Credit, Running Start, and College in the High School Programs

If you completed college-level coursework under Washington state’s Running Start Program or any College in the High School program:

  • You will be awarded transfer credit based on SPU's established transfer policies, up to a maximum of 90 credits.
  • You should follow the same admission procedures for students entering directly from high school, even if you completed an associate degree while in high school. 

If your college courses are reflected on your high school transcript:

  • College transcripts are not required for admission purposes.
  • However, to receive advanced standing credit and to be placed in the correct first-quarter classes, you must request that all colleges and universities you have attended send official transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions before you register for your first quarter classes. 

The transfer courses must be described in the catalog of a regionally accredited institution of higher education and must be submitted to SPU on an official college or university transcript. At the time of your application, if you have not completed any college-level credit after high school graduation, you should apply as a first-year applicant, and you will be considered for freshman scholarships.

If you plan to complete an associate degree before you finish high school, find out about Acceptance of Two-Year Degrees to see how the degree will transfer. If you will be within 20 credits of completing an associate degree from a Washington state community or technical college when you begin classes at SPU, read about SPU's Reverse Transfer Agreement.

You are required to submit final transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities you have attended by the 10th day of your first quarter at SPU. Learn more about how your transfer credits are applied toward your degree here.

Note: All 2024 high school graduates admitted for SPU Autumn Quarter 2024 are required to take the 1-credit UCOL 1000 University Colloquium class.

Transfer Course Equivalency Guide

Find out how academic credits you received from other institutions and approved testing programs typically transfer to SPU.

Find out now.